Monday, February 4, 2013

Introduction

EC comics hardly need much of an introduction; they were the top horror and sci-fi comics of the early 1950s and have inspired not only numerous other comics but many television and movie creators as well. Despite how well known they are, I've always found coverage of EC comics on the internet a bit lacking and so am launching this blog.

My goal with this blog is to eventually cover all EC new trend, new direction and picto-fiction issues. By my count that includes a grand total of 310 issues, enough material to last me quite a while. This will not be in chronological order; I'll be trying to mix timeframes as well as genre to have a nice variety throughout. The sole exception will be those comics that must be read in chronological order, which I believe to be just Extra and Psychoanalysis. The pre trend comics I was never that into (and own copies of very few issues) so in all odds those issues will not be covered here unless I change my mind later on. Each posting should include summaries and reviews of each story in the issue as well as credits and historical data where possible.

While issue-by-issue coverage will be the meat of this blog, I also hope to post special articles from time to time covering areas such as EC's various writers, artists and other creators, as well as various other subjects as well.

Please also feel free to check my similar blog for Warren Publishing, which covered the vast majority of their published horror and sci-fi magazines! http://averycreepyblog.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment